Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Blessings in Best Buy Day # 25 of Thankfulness

Each person has a story to tell. 
The fabric of their life woven together. 
Some of the stories we know. 
Others lie buried deep within. 
Sometimes our lives intersect. 
A chance meeting. 
Social Media. 
Strangers become friends. 
Blessings given. 
Aching hearts touched. 
An artist. 
Reached out. 
She touched two mama's hearts. 
Cousins; gone way too soon. 
She gave.
Part of her story. 
Helping to bring warmth to our story. 

In Best Buy we meet.
While I wait for phone's to be switched over. 
While my heart breaks because my texts from Elijah are gone.
I receive a gift. 


A Portrait. 
A work of two years. 
A heart that gives. 
And now when death knocked on my farmer's sisters door. 
This artist painted all her love into a gift. 




I do not know what God has in store for my life. 
I do know that I am humbled and in awe of his amazing grace. 
I sometimes feel the burden of all He has asked me to carry is
 too much, too soon. 
Too much grief all at once. 
Yet who am i? 

Psalm 8:4
what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
 human beings that you care for them?

I will focus on walking a path of gratitude. 
A path since the police drove away from our home with the news that my first born son had journeyed to the arms of Jesus. 
My steps began with thank you for this home, and kept on as I praised God for the water for the shower and the towels. 
I put one foot in front of the other with my heart held by the 
One who created me. 
And so on this Thanksgiving Eve, I will continue to give Praise to God and thanks for his indescribable goodness.  



I am thankful for:
new friends
the grace shown through another's amazing talent
meetings in Best Buy
a sister in law that teaches me so much
an afternoon spent with my kids
a treat with the kids on a refilled Starbucks card


baking and cooking for Thanksgiving




Rachel and Ella helping my farmer
Rachel and Ana helping me clean this big old dusty, dirty farmhouse
Loki getting stronger each day
the opportunity to serve in Haiti
supplies already coming in
the warm weather
our farm boy and all his antics, smiles and help


I am not going to lie
Thinking about spending another Thanksgiving without 
my boy is heart wrenching.

Knowing that my sister in law will spend her first 
without her boy deepens the grief. 

But knowing how much we are loved by our friends, this community and our Father in heaven spurs us on. 

I have said many times in this blog. 

Our job is not done yet. 

There is more for us to do. 
I eagerly await the work that needs to be done. 
Through it all I am changing. 
I pray with all my heart that I am becoming more like Christ.

We all have work to do. 

You can make a difference. 
Starting right now. 
Have you invited someone to Thanksgiving dinner? 
If dinner is too much. . . ask them over for dessert. 
Reach out beyond your comfort zone. 
Share the preparation for the meal. 
Work in community.
Do not wait for someone to reach out to you. 
Be the first to reach out. 

Blessings on this Thanksgiving Eve. 

Hebrews 13:12
Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.



No comments:

Post a Comment